Pages

Friday, May 1

Damn the Weather

Today was one of those days at work when I wanted to scream the entire place down. I thought, at least that way, someone will finally fire me and I can get out and do what I really want to do. At the last moment, sanity prevailed. So, I sat at my desk staring unseeingly at my screen for a long time, bored. Utterly, completely, mind numbingly bored. Usually, at this point, my mind automatically switches onto its wool gathering mode. This time though, I didn't want to think. I wanted to work. Only, the work I do these days is so crappy, I hate it. That's thing with almost everyone I know from work. They all hate what they're doing. No one will admit though. At least, not in public. Because then the happy work place illusion will crumble. And, there will be nothing left. Nothing.

The arm that I injured during the go-karting accident is getting worse by the day. It hurts so much I feel tears prickling at my eyes everytime the pain killers start to wear off. To add to this miserable state, I come to know that Ha has put in her papers. I can't stand the idea of work without her around. And, she's not even going to be in the city. Now, I have a brand new reason to hate Bengaluru. I do.

Since this is a whiny post, I can't really put stuff about Assy's trip here. Because that was fun. Both of us went bankrupt in the process which I think made it even better. He got me tons of stuff. I got him a Zippo. Damn, but I love Zippo's. I think they make the perfect gift for a guy.

Got a tarot reading done. Here's what - My career is apparently going to be excellent. My relationships are going to be a mess. Yeah! Like I needed the Knight of Swords to tell me that. Sheesh. Then, there was something about the shadow of the past looming large on the future stuff. Pilot Guy, New Kid, who?

My arm is throbbing again. Another bloody day at work tommorrow. It's sadder than I'm making it sound - My life.

What am I going to do about it? Live with it. What else?

PS: Those who didn't/don't intend to vote - SHAME ON YOU!

3 comments:

  1. isn't it an off? i mean..mayday mayday!

    ReplyDelete
  2. That was pure, unforgettable, unadulterated fun, that trip(except for your Karting fiasco). You shouldn't worry about us having gone bankrupt. With more people like us, there wouldn't be recession at all. See how much social service we're doing! :D

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh.. and, Zippos are brilliant tranquilizers. Clickh, clickh, clickh... zzzz. I'm going to treasure it.

    ReplyDelete

What say you?