Pages

Sunday, May 10

Lady In Red

About this weekend, my God, where do I even begin. I waited for it almost every working minute of every hour of every day this week. It came and it went. I did precious little except goof around. At this rate, fat chance of all those things on my life changing “list” happening. But then, what am I to do? Hard work and discipline go against my principles. Mum says you should never do anything that goes against your principles. And you know, you should always listen to your mum. See?!

Anyway, so I might as well tell you about how it went.

Pretty soon, I’m going to go into a work cum boredom induced coma. Or kill myself, for the lack of a more interesting thing to do at work. Hmmm. Maybe, I should start accepting bets on it. About which will come first or something of that sort, you know. Seriously, who knows? If they find it interesting enough, I will have safely insured myself for the afterlife. Man, it sucks.


But that’s not to say that all has been so grim. Things have looked up on certain other fronts. I can’t really write about it here coz let’s just say I don’t kiss and tell. Well, not that that happened. Something, equally beautiful but.


I just can’t seem to stop smiling every time I think about ‘it’. Quite embarrassing dammit – this stupid adolescent school girl type behaviour of mine. Believe me when I say that I’m rarely like that. In fact, the last time I felt like this was when that cute guitarist at the hotel played Romeo & Juliet for me, “the pretty little lady in red.” Oh, just in case you are wondering if there was some other lady in red, there wasn’t. I checked. Carefully. Twice.

And today, I met this guy, when Dad and I went on our usual Sunday house hunting marathon. He opened the door to his house and it was a crush on first sight. I was more than half in lust with him when a woman walked in to the room. You know how there is this one endless moment when you see a woman with the guy of your interest and hope against hope that the word he’ll use to explain her is sister or mother or daughter or maid or hell anything, except a wife/girl friend? Well, I lived that moment. Wife, as it turned out.

Why God? Why?

Why do you throw me in the path of such happily married men and tempt me with forbidden fruit thus?
I demand to know.

1 comment:

What say you?