Pages

Friday, October 29

Its in the air

Exactly this time last year, when I back in J, I asked Mongoose -- an unashamedly brazen chennaite -- when the blasted summer was ever going to end. She looked at me like I was a particularly slow bovine and screeched, "but this is winter ya, see you don't even have to switch on the A/c.

And, here I sit now, in a cozy corner of my room wearing candy-striped socks sipping hot chocolate, willing myself to believe that it's finally here, the real thing. And about time too. Yeah, I'm a little crazy about this. You see, winters are my favourite, favourite time of the year. I'd bet that if you met me from now until the end of the year, you wouldn't even know I'm the renowned Grouchy. 

Instead I become this play dough like goof-ball when I sleep like a bear. And wake up feeling like Goofyalmighty, which is an on-top-of-the-world type happiness. And step into steaming showers only to come out hours later, feeling like a prune, wrapped in a big fluffy towels, swinging to favourites like man! I'm feeling like a woman or Road House Blues or Jail House Rock. And, long aimless walks under dewy green canopies just to feel the chill in the air. And, smile blindingly at random people on the road. And, pop-corn and LOTR marathons, great gatsby cuddled up in bed. And, pani-puri and ice-cream in the middle of the night.  And finally, sleep listening to us them and me.

I know. It can't be. But it is. 

Happiness has come on me!    

No comments:

Post a Comment

What say you?