Pages

Tuesday, January 27

A Holiday

Last week, I just packed my bags one day and decided to head out of town. Along the way, I knew I had to go to a place with a beach, so I chose Vizag. As it happened, I also went to my Mum's village - I beg your pardon - 'town' from there and then returned to Vizag for my flight back home.

The trip was in all interesting. I'll give it that. But did it, well, meet its objective? Hell No! I got neither some peace nor some quiet. So, Get them tattooed on your body Gajini style if you have to, but do NOT do any of the following while going on an impromptu vacation (***especially the lone female traveller):

1. Get a sleeper class train ticket.

I had to use considerable charm on the TC and pay him twice my ticket's worth to upgrade it to an AC one.
I slept fitfully for the first time in weeks. Maybe excessive spending is what it takes to get to me sleep peacefully. A comforting thought, if there ever was one.

2. Go to a city where you have family.

For obvious reasons.

3. Go to a city like Vizag expecting it to be a real city.

Because it's not. It's a small town with villagers for people and decent stuff for food. Also, if you are modern female who looks the part, its very advisable to wear a Burkha at all times.

4. Go to any place with an overwhelmingly large Telugu population.

They are incapable of doing the one thing you want them to do - leave you alone. But what they are capable of doing is talk - loudly and endlessly until you are ready to let your ear drums explode rather than to listen to them.

5. Go to meet your Evil Grand Mom.

Now, there's something I will never retry doing. Ever. I should've finished her off when I had the chance. Hey, I tried! ( as a kid, I set her cot on fire.) But she stubbornly refuses to move on to a better place. Damn thing, that.

6. Hit on any guy you meet along the way.

The three guys that caught my attention were all tall, dark and gorgeous. And also (i) shady (ii) stupid and (iii) incompetent, respectively. The third deserves a special mention. He was the pilot of my flight. Thanks to his crash landing, I now have a concussion and a big bump to show for it as memorabilia.
It just has to be that way for me, the ending of all my trips - Memorable.

No comments:

Post a Comment

What say you?