Pages

Monday, April 12

A Prayer and One

The first of the placements start tomorrow.  You should see J now.  It's silent in a way it only is before D day type things-- thrumming with anxiety and excitement and blood lust.  All the cats that lived amicably hitherto are now sharpening their claws.  The writing on the wall is not hard to read-- things are going to get very ugly.

I wonder what it is with me. Maybe, I'm just anti-establishment or nihilistic or something. If people are working hard to get jobs, I'm going to try extra hard to not get one.  Why? Why?! Because I don't want to, you stupid mutt! That's why.


I have to stop going with the flow, see?  That's the only way I'll go looking for what I want.  Okay, so you don't see it. What can I say? The light will come to you too oneday, after years of practising advanced Tao/Buddhist/Zen type meditation like things. Until then, you can join my mother in planning which mental asylum I should be "committed" to.  


So listen up Dear God. I've done everything in my power to ensure that I don't get a job. I haven't read/heard/watched a single item of news in 9 months. I have diligently slept through all editing exercises. I've embraced anti-intellectualism as a religion. And I have cultivated no love for journalism.  Besides all of which, I've stored vintage smelly socks in case I do get through by some chance of fate through to an interview. 


I've done my part -- there isn't even a remote chance of me getting through any newspaper. But by sitting for the placements (as I'm being compelled to do by the order of Her Highness - Grouchy's Mother) I'm opening a tiny little window of fate. But do not be tempted to be merciful, Dear God. 


Rain jobs at J.  Though all of them act like pricey jerks who spout self righteous nonsense about ethics and politics and hogwash, they'll take anything you give.  They are desperate enough to pray on Facebook. So make them all happy. Even Lady Cat who I know will become a WMD once let out into newspaper world.  But also give what I want.  Force me onto the path of joblessness so that I will have no choice to but find my own path - which I will otherwise never venture into by myself. 


This year I'm a believer. So be nice. Okay? Okay. 


PS: And yes also see about that boy, will you please? I like. Like really like. Like really really like like.  

2 comments:

  1. You go girl! Lol! What e post. New follower of yours. Got to catch up with some old ones for a laughing riot! :-)

    And looks like God will be merciful. Alas! you are a good writer! :P

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is about 6 months too late. But thanks RP. And welcome to the blog =) Having to used to my imaginary readers, finding an odd comment or two surprises me beyond reckoning. Thank you for your kind words, keep coming!

    ReplyDelete

What say you?