Pages

Wednesday, September 23

Still Sleepless!

I promised myself that I wouldn't do this, but here I am, at 3 'o clock in the morning, foregoing yet another night of sleep (5th in a row) to write an entry for an audience that can't be more indifferent. I'm pathetic. Oh, who am I kidding? It's those two baby lizards crawling my walls and my floors. I can't sleep knowing they exist. And, I'm too embarrassed to admit it to anyone or to ask for help. What am I to do?! The mosquitoes, I can still live with. But I HATE the reptile family. All of it. Will they die, like rats, if I cunningly mix their food with something? No, I suppose not. Evil things those. **Shudder**

Anyway, on with my life then.

Academically, there has been intense activity in the past weeks. The good news is that I've finished with an ultra serious exam this morning thereby ending the core curriculum for the term. Now, I lift my arms and pray, to be only a C+ or higher, I pray. Completion of pending projects will form the crux of my next week. And then, and then, the end-of-term holidays (which is okay, really only 3 days) and I leave for home! So, I'm already making lists of all the things I need to do/buy/eat when I get home.

But what's really keeping me happy, now that I have a super internet connection, is all the things I'm back to doing -- writing e-mails to old friends, playing pool & literati with random strangers, lengthy chat sessions with He-man, et cetera. I didn't realise how much I missed doing these things until I got back to doing them. It's inexplicable. I love the anticipation that comes with waiting for the inbox to open and then to see a certain someone's e-mail in it. Or to spend a lazy sunday afternoon competing for a pool or literati championship. And then, my chat sessions with He-man. I still spend hours laughing and crying while pouring over our past chats. Oh, I know, it's silly. But I simply can't help it. If you haven't noticed, nothing affects me quite like the written word.

That said, I've been a good little girl. For 23 days to this date, to be exact. Like it or not, right or wrong, it will end this time around. Erasing everything helps. Thanks wikihow.com

Okay, so sleep has finally come to claim me. Enough to even overcome the lizard aversion. So, I'm going to tuck in now. Going off to Auroville for the weekend.

May I find some peace and quiet. And reptileless dreams. Amen.


PS: Facebook says my favorite sexual position is so and so. I can't believe it. Really? That?! Strange. Very strange!

2 comments:

  1. Replying to e-mails? Not one of your activities? What with the "super" internet et al. I'm hurt Grouchy.

    ReplyDelete
  2. goofilicious--

    give me your g-mail id. going by the present scenario we'll end up becoming e-mail friends(hopefully).

    aghoreebee

    ReplyDelete

What say you?